Welcome to PISKI Rock
Home of Penn State
What should I bring? What should I leave at home?
Staying at Penn State does offer the convenience of staying in your own room with private bathroom. But, what else is included? What should you bring? What should you keep at home? This page aims to answer these questions and more. If something is unclear or not included on this page, just ask us!
You’ll be staying in Eastview Terrace, one of the newer dorms at Penn State. Please be sure to bring walking shoes as the dorms are approximately a 10 minute walk to where the PIKSI program seminar rooms will be located. Penn State also offers the Blue Loop by CATA — a free bus service around campus. You can see the buses in realtime. Also, there are realtime bus apps that you can download for iOS and Android.
Things provided by the Rock and Penn State
- Twin Bed with mattress
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Bulletin board
- Chest of drawers
- Closet or wardrobe
- Desk with chair
- Internet connections (AT&T Wifi)
- Refrigerator/freezer/microwave unit (one per room)
- Smoke detector (one per room)
- Trash can (one per room)
- Window treatment
Things I should bring with me
- Alarm clock
- At least two business casual outfits
- Common school supplies such as pens, pencils, & paper
- Financial items (checking/savings account, credit/debit card, health insurance card, Social Security card, driver’s license, etc.)
- Print-outs of each reading
- Snacks for in between meals
Things I should leave at home
- Air Conditioning units
- Candles and incense
- Ceiling fans
- Halogen lamps
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Window Treatments (blinds, draperies)
+ Alcohol is prohibited on campus, regardless of the resident’s age
* Smoking is prohibited in all residence halls, common areas, and dining facilities.